Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Day 5: Helicopter ride and Glacier hiking ROCKS!

Today I did a "helihike". They take you up near the top of the glacier in a helicopter, drop you off, and then you go for a hike with a guide. It ROCKED. We hiked through ice caves, up around big ice formations, and so on. It was really neat. Very VERY pretty with the mountains all around. It seems odd to have a glacier here because it butts right up against rainforests. Yes, there is a glacier next to rainforests, but it's because of the weather patterns and such. Makes for very pretty scenery (beginning to feel like I'm a broken record talking about the scenery, but it is very pretty here!)

Man, there's so much to say about things here, but alas, I am TIRED and I just spent an hour setting up this blog when I should be out exploring! :)

Rita, Janet, and probably the guides are cooking dinner together tonight becuase we've got kitchens in our rooms at this resort, so I'm going to join them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment